What is e post ?
In India, epost service is provided by India Post.
ePost Service is launched on 30th January 2004 in India.
Instead of writing a letter, you just mail the matter to India Post. The Indian Postal department will make a print out of your email and will deliver it to address.
How to send an epost?
1. First you have to register online using postal department website and a minimum of Rs. 250 has to be paid at this stage. Credit card will accept here with a surcharge of 6 %
Or you can buy the ePost Prepaid Card from any of the Head Post Offices throughout the country and follow the directions on the card and on-screen.The cards are available in denominations of Rs. 250, Rs. 500, Rs. 2000, Rs. 5000 and Rs. 10,000.
2. Once you have the account with India Post, you can send your 'eletter' to the correct locations.
email ids for the correct locations you will get it from the India Post website.
3. Once you send your letter through email, the postal department will print it and send it to the address what you specified
4. Tariff for sending epost messages by Paid users using pre-paid cardswill be @ Rs 6- per page of the message. (Bulk discounts also available)
1. Note that epost messages are treated on par with the unregistered letters
2. The problem with epost is the content can read by the postal department persons who is downloading the emails, printing and putting into the envelope. Usually they will not read those content.