Dense of fog giving troubles in Delhi flights and Bangalore will soon see the fog. It is better to know when we drive in the fog and some tips are given while driving in the fog and share it to others to avoid accidents to our dear and near ones.
Tips for driving in fog
* Drive with lights on low beam. High beams will reflect back off the fog and actually creates a ‘white wall’ effect totally blinding the driver. Of course the lights help other drivers see your vehicle, so be sure they all work.
* Keep your windshield and headlights clean so use wipers and defrosters. This will reduce the glare and increase visibility.
* Reduce Reduce Reduce your speed and watch your speedometer. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding. So wath out your speedometer then and there
* Turn off Radio / music system to reduce the distractions from your vechile . Listen for traffic you cannot see. Open your window a little, to hear better.
* Do not overtake vehicles and keep a SAFE distance. Pay special attention at intersections.
* Use the signal lights generously and brake well in advance as you approach a stop.
* Do not stop(park) in the middle of the road.
* Keep a clean cotton cloth ready to wipe the windscreen if such a need arises. News paper also
server the same job
* The safest thing to do is to not to drive in the fog.
* Be 'PATIENT' else you will be a 'PATIENT' in the hospital !!!
What is Fog ?
A thin layer of cloud in the ground level is the Fog. Visibility level is too low in the fog so the distance between the two vehicles may be very small. The visibility level will get reduce 1/4 or less than the normal conditions. Driving on the fog is highly hazardous when you drive. Fog creates a visual illusion of slow motion when you may actually be speeding.